Now Australia is a colony of the USA, but the mentality is the same: Australia is to be governed for the benefit of overseas owners and investors. The names of the owners and investors has changed, but the mantra remains the same: We run Australia so others can invest in and benefit from whatever they find here.
There has been opposition to this approach by the Australian people from time to time, but several things are happening together which makes it necessary to challenge this:
(1) Both parties push a bogus austerity programme aimed at reducing living standards while allowing massive tax evasion by the wealthy and overseas companies.
(2) Both parties secretly support the Trans-Pacific Partnership with the USA. This so-called trade treaty actually allows multinational companies to override any Australian laws which they believe restrict their ability to make a profit in Australia. This means that the wishes of these companies override the national sovereignety of Australia. Any politician who supports the TPP is a traitor to Australia, and provides a perfect examaple of what I have called the colonial mentality of our political elite.
(See: AUSTRALIA MUST OPPOSE THE TPP AGREEMENT! http://australianvoice.livejournal.com/1276.html,
THE TPP IS A CREATURE OF THE ALP http://australianvoice.livejournal.com/1376.html;
WHAT IS THE CONNECTION BETWEEN THE TPP AND THE EMPIRE OF CHAOS? http://australianvoice.livejournal.com/2772.html)
(3) The corrupt and highly indebted Western banking system will almost certainly crash again - as in 2008 - but with more disasterous consequences. But it is not necessary for Australia to be a part of this system.
(4) Russia, China and the other BRICS countries are working for a new world economic system independent of the US dollar and the Western banking system. The economies of the West are dead in the water, while the only real potential for growth lies with the so called "underdeveloped" world and the BRICS. Australia has been invited into this system, but declined to join (with Japan) due to pressure from the USA.
(5) All leaders of Australia follow the USA in economic, political and military matters. We are a US satellite. However the US is rashly provoking a war with BOTH Russia and China when they are virtually bankrupt and their conventional military forces are no match for their opponents. This means that one outcome of such an aggressive policy is a nuclear war with Russia/China. Pine Gap will be hit first. Whatever else survives the USA most certainly will not.
So can Australia keep going in the same old way??
I think not!!